An opportunity has become available for an experienced HR Business Partner to join Trafford Council to assist in progressing a broad range of employee relations matters. This role is available immediately on an initial 6 month temporary contract.
What is the role?
Trafford Council are now looking to appoint a HR Business Partner to work alongside senior managers across the Council in delivering high quality guidance, advice and support.
In this role you can expect to focus on complex casework including discipline, grievance, absence, performance and any other employee relations matters.
This role also involves line management of HR team colleagues and an oversight for progressing employee relations casework at pace and in line with legislation.
How will you do this?
- Lead and manage a professional and influential HR/OD service team, advocating for a wide range of customers to embed a strategic approach to HR management and development.
- Deliver key themes of the Council’s People Strategy and support senior managers across the Council in successfully achieving strategic priorities.
- Quickly adapt to and understand the extent of the Council’s HR issues and generate appropriate creative solutions.
What experience do you need?
- Ideally hold a Level 7 qualification in HR Management (MSC, HRM, PGDiP etc) or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of public sector pay and terms of conditions of employment would be advantageous.
- Excellent understanding of employment law
- Ability to lead negotiation with employees and representatives and experience of working with Trade Unions and Professional Associations.
How do you find out more?
To register your interest, and to receive a full job description, please apply below.