|Location: KEMPSTON, BEDFORDSHIRE||Salary: 16.84 - 16.84 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: HR||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 4 months ago||Reference: 3058846|
JOB PURPOSE: To develop, implement, monitor and review HR policiy and procedures to ensure compliance with legislation, best practise and nationally determined agreements, and to ensure that policies meet the needs and objectives of the service. To advise all managers and employees on HR policies. To advise managers on casework issues such as performance, attendance, discipline and grievance to ensure consistency across the service. To provide generalist HR advise and support.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To review, research, produce, consult and implement HR policies and procedures ensuring they comply with legislation, best practice, the recognised National Conditions of Service and relevant national agreements.
• To develop and deliver training, advice and information for all managers on new and existing policies and procedures.
• To advise on casework such as discipline, performance, attendance, grievance and equality issues.
• To undertake job evaluation using the HAY system and advise relevant managers and individuals of results.
• To undertake job analysis liaising with relevant managers as required.
• Assist recruitment, promotion and selection processes as necessary.
• Provide general HR advice and support on policy interpretation.
• To coordinate the Ill Health Retirement process and the opinion of an independently qualified medical practitioner as necessary within the relevant occupational pension schemes in liaison with occupational health.
• To be aware of Health and Safety policies and promote Health and Safety policies within the scope of this post.
• To be conversant with the Service’s computer system, in particular Management Information System and Microsoft products such as word and excel.
• To develop professional relationships within the British Fire Service to share best practice & benchmark current processes.
• To attend training courses, seminars, meetings and events as considered necessary.
• To be responsible for maintaining continued professional development.
• To undertake other duties of a similar responsibility as may be required from time to time.
+Chartered membership of CIPD or equivalent and able to demonstrate continued professional development
(or part qualified with significant work experience in the HR field)
+Minimum of 3-5 years HR experience, including policy formulation role and advisory role.
+Proven knowledge in the field of Employment Law, HR best practice and Employee Relations.
+Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the development and application of Equality and Diversity principles and practices.
+Driving licence with no pending issues
If you have the neccessary skills and experience please apply online NOW or call Kristine on 01908 660057 for more information.
30000 - 35000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
CHERTSEY, SURREYRead more
31000 - 31000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
CROYDON, SURREYRead more
30000 - 33000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
LEATHERHEAD, SURREYRead more
29000 - 32000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
EPSOM, SURREYRead more
18.5 - 23 GBP Per Hour
EPSOM, SURREYRead more