REED Human Resources division are delighted to be working closely with our well-valued Newcastle based client on the appointment of an HR Advisor to join their team. This is a full-time and permanent role offering £28,000 per annum.
You would report into the HR Manager whilst working in a team of 6 to cover HR for around 500 employees.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00 with free onsite parking. They also offer a 'purchase holiday' scheme.
- Be the first point of contact for employee relations queries for managers.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers on all HR policies and procedures, employment issues and legislation.
- Establish close relationships with line managers, HR colleagues and key employees.
- Support line managers on complex cases including attending hearings and investigation meetings.
- Maintain an updated knowledge of employment law legislation ensuring that those requirements are adhered to at all times.
- Provide exceptional Customer Service to internal and external customers.
- Support the HR Manager to continually look for opportunities for improvement and drive positive change within the HR team.
- Support line managers with continuously monitoring employee performance, ensuring the performance management processes are adhered to.
- Lead on absence management including identifying long-term sickness and ensuring appropriate follow up.
- Actively participate and implement on ad hoc projects as required.
- Assist with administrative duties when the HR Administrator is on holiday.
- Work closely with payroll co-ordinator to support any payroll related changes at your allocated depots.
- Multi-site HR experience would be desirable
- CIPD qualified or working towards is essential
- You must be able to drive as travel will occasionally be required
- HR Advisory experience
- Confident to challenge line managers when needed
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fun and friendly team! Please apply ASAP to be considered - interviews taking place Thursday 25th and Friday 26th June 2020.