Reed Business Support have a fantastic opportunity with an outstanding school in Ipswich.
Purpose of the role
To assist and support the HR Officer (HRO) and Senior HR Assistant (SHRA) to provide a professional, efficient and effective HR operational service to the Trust and in particular to the academies in the Suffolk region.
Duties and Responsibilities
● To undertake DBS renewal checks for existing employees in line with the Trust’s policies and procedures.
● To maintain records of enhanced DBS and other relevant checks for other workers such as volunteers, supply staff etc.
● To record employees absences, monitor the return of employee return to work discussions and respond to leave of absence requests.
● To scan all paper employee files onto the Google Drive in accordance with guidelines provided from HRO.
● To assist with any other duties that the HRO identifies.
● To ensure that all duties and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the Trust’s Health and Safety at work policy.
● To participate in the Trust’s performance appraisal scheme, ensuring that performance standards/targets are set and met within the agreed time scale.
Knowledge and Experience
● Experience of working in HR within an education environment is desirable.
● Experience of working with HR systems, both electronic and paper based.
● Understanding and knowledge of effective IT administration systems, including Google Drive, Microsoft Word and Excel.
● Competent in the use of effective IT administration systems for the production
of letters, reports, spreadsheets, and statistics and for the maintenance of accurate records.
● Good basic knowledge of employment rights within the workplace in as far as they impact on day to day HR administration.
Hours - Part-time 22 hours a week (must work Wednesday and Thursdays)
Pay - £10.16-£11 depending on experience
Due to this role being within a school HIGH Compliance is required, you must have a transferable DBS or be open to getting a Reed DBS
If you would like more information on the role please apply now or call Marcella on 01473 29509