|Location: WEST BRIDGFORD, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE||Salary: 19000.00 - 23209 GBP Per Annum, pro-rata|
|Sector: Care||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: PART TIME||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 2 months ago||Reference: 3068461|
Part time –25 Hrs a week –Mon – Fri with requirement to be part of an on call rota
Salary up to £23,209 pro rate - Dependant on experience
Metropolitan is a leading provider of integrated housing services, care and support and community regeneration. We manage over 38,000 affordable homes for rent and sale to those with greatest need, along with a range of care and support services.
Our sheltered housing service provides an on-site housing management and support service to enable people to live as independently with as much choice and control over their lives as possible. We aim to provide a stimulating and lively environment to help motivate people to engage with an active social life if they chose to. It is designed for customers over the age of 55 who want to enjoy living within a safe and secure community environment.
• Receiving referrals and facilitating property viewing. At the same time assessing each person’s housing and any support needs to ensure their suitability for the service in line with Metropolitans allocations policy for sheltered housing.
• Carrying out a home visit 2-4 weeks after a customer has moved in to ensure they have settled in and confirm contact details to report housing management issues.
• Undertaking 6 monthly tenancy/household audits or whenever there is a change in circumstances.
Providing advice to customers to reduce, manage and maintain rent arrears and set up repayment plans.
Providing advice on Welfare reform/welfare benefits, budgeting and financial inclusion.
Supporting customers to report repairs – follow up and check whether these have been carried out.
Co-ordinate works relating to a handy person service to undertake small minor works such as replacing light bulbs, putting up shelves.
Complete referrals for property aids and adaptations to be installed in and around the home where required having regard to the requirements of the tenant ensuring the accommodation remains adequate.
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Wellbeing Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days! Along with all this we are about to launch our Metro Academy which will ensure that your career is developed for years to come!
Interviews will be held on the 6th & 7th September 2017 in Nottingham City
• A desire to work with Older persons to maximise their independence and wellbeing
• Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the customers
• Ability to remain assertive yet respond sympathetically and with understanding to customers in relation to often highly personal and distressing matters
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good standard of numeracy, literacy and ability to use IT systems and software and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• The ability to self-direct, manage and prioritise workload.
• Ability to lone work in the community and as part of a team.
• A “Can Do” attitude and a positive approach to problem solving
• Ability to understand and interpret data on standard reports, like accounts, voids and invoicing
• Experience of direct line management including performance management
• A good knowledge of local statutory agencies.
• Experience and awareness of the wellbeing and housing needs of vulnerable older persons.
• Experience and awareness of the Housing and Support sectors.
• Understanding of the welfare benefits system and implications of welfare reform.
• Understanding of tenancy agreement rights and obligations
• Awareness of access pathways to Health, Care, support and advice agencies
• Awareness of Adult safeguarding and Child protection procedures and responsibilities.
• Knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation relevant to this customer group.
• QCF Diploma or NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or housing.
30000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Hour
BROMLEY COMMON, KENTRead more
18000 - 22000 GBP Per Annum
KNOWSLEY BUSINESS PARK, MERSEYSIDERead more
8 - 9 GBP Per Hour
SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more
8 - 10 GBP Per Hour
SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more
7.99 - 8.00 GBP Per Hour
BARNSLEY, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more