We are currently seeing experienced Support Workers to work with vulnerable people who are homeless or are risk of homelessness. The main purpose of the role is to support clients with maintaining their property to prevent them from becoming homeless and to help them attain a more independent living.
- Managing a case load of clients, making visits to them, and supporting them with anything they need.
- Assisting clients with paying bills, managing money and accessing benefit entitlement.
- Carrying out assessments and risk assessments.
- Working as part of a multi-agency team and liaise with other professionals and services
- Sign posting clients to other services when needed
- Encourage clients to address their health needs, encourage clients to behave that is accepted by the community. Assist clients with leisure activities and social activities.
- Promoting security
- Supporting tenants to use services and resources that are available to them
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory procedures Previous experience required to adapt quickly and efficiently into this role Mentoring will be provided where required
- Undertake such training courses as are thought necessary by Management and work towards achieving relevant recognised and professional qualification as determined by the Housing Services Manager
Skills and experience needed:
- Experience in a similar role
- At least 6 months experience in Care and Support
- NVQ Level 2 or above
If you have experience in Housing/ Support Work and think you would be suitable for the role please feel free to contact me on email@example.com or apply to this adverts.