Housing Solutions Officer - London - Temporary
I am currently seeking a housing solutions officer to take on a temporary role with a local council. The main function of the role will be to ensure an effective Housing Solutions Service is provided to customers in housing need, including assessment and advice on housing and related support. This role will also require you to deputise for the Housing Solutions manager when needed.
• To deal with difficult housing enquiries in order to ensure all customers have a positive experience and receive the right answer first time with consistent high quality.
• To provide appropriate advice and assistance on all matters of housing entitlement, eligibility and priority need for social housing.
• To ensure wherever possible by intervention, referral, advice, advocacy and joint working that homelessness is prevented by ensuring the broadest range of housing options is available to customers.
• To follow the departments procedures and protocols for the effective liaison and discharging statutory joint obligations.
• To enable mediation between landlords and tenants, parents relatives and family relationship breakdowns in order to prevent homelessness.
• To interview and carry out an initial assessment of all customers visiting the Housing Aid Centre.
• Extensive experience with housing options and advice – specifically with homelessness and welfare reforms.
• Have dealt with landlords - under the Protection of Eviction Act
· Computer literate ( Very good with excel and familiar with database )
· Knowledge of relevant homeless legislation relating to homelessness and housing needs, with particular reference to the Housing Act 1996 (amended 2002)
· Good Knowledge of the Homelessness Reduction Act (HRA)
· Good with issuing/completing PHP, End of Duty letters and issuing non-cooperation letters
· Preventing Homelessness by mediating with hosts ( family & friends) and liaising with landlords to stop evictions
If you meet the requirements and are interested in finding out more, please click apply below.