A exciting opportunity has been made available for 4 Housing Options Officer to start work initially for 3 months however could be longer.
Working 37.5 hrs our client is happy for you to work in their Norfolk based office or work from home.
To provide a comprehensive housing service to clients approaching the councils including an assessment of their housing problem and a consideration of the full range of options available to them to secure a solution.
To assist in the provision of a statutory homelessness service including the Homelessness Reduction Act, assessing customers at risk of homelessness and working with partners to deliver services that meet the customers’ individual needs to enable appropriate and sustainable outcomes.
• Establish the type and level of advice and assistance that customers require
• Where there is a risk of homelessness, record information and personal data, assessing and agreeing a personalised housing plan with the customer to enable them to be proactive and engaged in solving their housing problems, advocating for the customer as required and carrying out regular reviews, monitoring the customer’s actions and co-operation.
• Determine, advise and assess homeless applicants and communicate the decision to the customers in plain and simple language and appropriate match clients with a need for a new home to an appropriate property.
• Liaise with registered providers, landlords and others to provide housing solutions to clients.
• Communicate with support workers and client advocates, conducting home visits where necessary.
• Maintain manual and electronic client records, ensure there is a comprehensive record of all client contacts and outcomes.
• Manage a complex caseload and main the day-to-day demands of a busy and pressured environment including attendance to relevant internal and external meetings. • Carry out risk and support assessments where appropriate when arranging temporary accommodation or delegate and monitor this responsibility to ensure that relevant support
is in place. • Carry out sign ups and sign outs in temporary accommodation where required, to ensure health and safety requirements are adhered to.
• Experience of managing a complex caseload whilst maintaining the day-to-day demands of a busy and pressured environment
• Experience of making enquiries and investigations in a legal or regulatory framework
• Experience of working with customers who are in stressful or crisis situations
• Ability to work without close supervision and to be self-motivated in a demanding team environment with strong analytic and critical reasoning skills. Able to effectively manage conflicting priorities with the flexibility and ability to cover numerous roles
• Well-developed advocacy skills including strong negotiating and influencing skills with well-developed verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent knowledge and application of housing legislation
• Ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of diversity issues and a commitment to promote equality in all areas of work
• Experience of carrying out risk and support assessments when arranging temporary accommodation or delegate and monitor this responsibility and ensure that relevant support is in place.
This is an urgent requirement by my client, so if you feel this is the perfect opportunity for you please do get in touch straight away
Please send your CV to email@example.com or call 01603 616190