Currently seeking a temporary Referral Coordinator for my client based in Wembley Park, a five minute walk from the Jubilee and Metropolitan lines. The successful candidate will coordinate housing support service vacancies and provide comprehensive high quality housing options, advice and assistance to people living in supported housing, hostels and temporary accommodation to enable them to move into secure and settled alternative accommodation.
The successful candiate will:
- Maintain accurate data and information which will contribute to the preparation and implementation of a wide range of departmental and corporate policies, inter-agency strategies and research activities relating to homelessness and housing support provision in the Borough
- Act as the first and initial point of enquiries and information for service providers, referring agencies and other statutory organizations and potential service users using a single assessment process. The post holder would carry out assessments and referrals and manage waiting lists/vacancies so that suitable clients are matched to the most appropriate vacancy
- Promote and implement a transparent referral process and ensuring that conflicts or concerns in relation to referrals are resolved as a first point of contact. And to ensure these concerns are discussed with the Care and Support Manager at all times
- Promote and implement the organisations Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety and Customer care in all functions of the post
- Undertake all other duties compatible with the level and nature of the post and or reasonably required by the Care and Support Manager and the Supporting People Unit
- Knowledge of the Housing Related Support Services in the Brent area
- Good understanding of the problems faced by the various vulnerable groups and how they are disadvantaged within the community
- Knowledge and roles of key voluntary and statutory agencies and their roles in the promotion of social welfare and tenancy sustainment
- Knowledge of accommodation, floating support services, and move on options and their aims and objectives
- Knowledge of Private Rent Sector issues and referral pathways
If you are successful, you will be required to undergo a basic DBS check.
For immediate consideration, please apply online now.