We have a fantastic opportunity for a Housing Pathway Advisor, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, for the next 3 months.
Your role will be to assist the council in delivering its statutory homelessness duties by taking homelessness applications in an effective manner and ensuring the council is legally compliant, providing an out of hours service and meeting performance targets and standards.
To undertake detailed casework with customers who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
Organise specialist help and make referrals on behalf of customers to support them with specific problems e.g., substance misuse, mental health, and debt management.
Work with colleagues who provide Temporary Accommodation Services in placing housing in line with policy and existing processes.
Provide the Councils out of hours Emergency Housing Service and Cold Weather Provision on a rota basis with other colleagues.
Must have the ability to negotiate and communicate persuasively to achieve outcomes for customers.
To have the knowledge and experience of the law governing homelessness, and an understanding of current issues in housing as you will be using this daily.
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle.
- Previous Housing Pathway experience
- Flexible to work on the Out of Hours shift on a rota basis.
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to the tenants, landlords, colleagues, and senior professionals.
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system