We have a fantastic opportunity for three Housing Pathway Advisor's working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a Temporary Full-time role, initially for the next 3 months.
Your role will be to deliver high quality, focused advice, and support to people in the local community who find themselves homeless or at risk of homelessness. This will include providing housing advice to people in the area, and completing investigations into applications from customers who are at risk of homelessness as defined by the statutory duties under Housing Act 1996 Part VI, the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and relevant case law. Also providing an out of hours service and meeting performance targets and standards.
To undertake detailed casework with customers who are homeless or threatened with homelessness
Organise specialist help and make referrals on behalf of customers to support them with specific problems, e.g. substance misuse, mental health, debt management.
Work with colleagues who provide Temporary Accommodation Services in placing housing in line with policy and existing processes.
Provide the Council’s Out of Hours Emergency Service and Cold Weather Provision on a rota basis with other colleagues.
Experience of working with homelessness people including those with varying support needs providing advice, assistance, and support.
Ability to negotiate and communicate persuasively, to achieve outcomes for customers
Knowledge and experience of the law governing homelessness and an understanding of current issues in housing
- Previous experience as a Housing Pathway Advisor
- Full knowledge of Homelessness Legislation's
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to everyone including Individuals and Families at risk of Homelessness, carers, family members, and other senior professionals.
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system