We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Housing Pathway Advisor, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, initially for 4 months.
Your role will be to deliver high quality, customer focused advice and support to people in Oldham who find themselves homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- You will assist the council in delivering its statutory homelessness duties, by providing housing advice. Undertaking assessments in line with homelessness legislations, providing an out of hours service as part of a team rota, and meting performance targets and standards.
- Undertake detailed casework with customers, who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
- To organise specialist help and make referrals on behalf of customers to support them with specific problems, e.g. substance misuse, mental health and debt management.
- To work with colleagues who provide Temporary Accommodation Services, in placing housing in line with policy and existing processes.
- Provide the councils out of hours emergency service and severe weather emergency provision on a rota basis with other colleagues.
- Experience of working with homeless people, including those with varying support needs providing advice, assistance and support.
- Ability to negotiate and communicate persuasively in order to achieve outcomes for customers
- Knowledge and experience of law governing homelessness, and an understanding of current issues in housing.
- Providing housing advice to people in the district, and completing investigations into applications from customers who are at risk of homelessness as defined by the statutory duties under the Housing act 1996 Part VII, the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and the relevant case law.
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle (desirable)
- Previous Housing Pathways Advisor and or Homelessness experience
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children and families and senior professionals
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system