We are looking for a Housing Options Officer to join our client in Islington.
Pay rate: £17.70 - £18.34 per hour
Location: Islington, N1 1XR
Duration: Temporary, ongoing
Start date: February 2021
Duties will include:
- Providing excellent customer care face to face, online and over the phone to clients who are at risk of homelessness.
- To interview and make an initial assessment of members of the public who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
- To provide written and verbal advice to customers and their advocates on housing options available.
- To ensure a prompt, courteous and helpful response when dealing with queries from members of the public or their representatives.
- To provide information and advice to housing applicants on all rehousing procedures including those relating to complaints, appeals and reviews.
- To refer housing applicants to relevant internal teams and to other agencies as necessary for advice on housing matters, welfare rights, social services, immigration and other issues using referral procedures.
The successful candidate will have:
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation relating to homelessness and housing needs
- Experience providing excellent customer care.
- Experience of dealing with the public providing practical advice in a housing field.
- Ability to respond sensitively to people experiencing a wide range of housing problems.
- Ability to communicate and to present information clearly and concisely both verbal and written, with good attention to detail.
- Proven Basic IT skills and ability to learn new systems.
If you are interested and have the relevant experience, please apply today!