We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Housing Options Advisor, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, initially for 3 months.
Your role will be to provide advice and assistance to customers, on their re-housing options to help prevent homelessness.
Your role is to contribute towards the efficient and effective management of the Housing Options Service through various channels, including the promotion and maintenance of excellent standards of customer service based on service provision.
- You will deal with enquiries that assist customers with individual queries, prevention of homelessness and review enquiries and decisions around homelessness.
- Must have the required knowledge of the allocations policy, and Choice based lettings system.
- The ability to co-ordinate and monitor cases referred to, and moved on from Supported schemes, managing tenancies of customers in Temporary accommodation.
- To have knowledge of Housing Benefits, and the ability to manage rent accounts is also desirable.
- Be experienced in working with private sector landlords, as the work is supporting people affected when the embargo on private sector evictions is lifted in August.
- This is an office based role, but the response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, has resulted in home working being possible. However you will need to be flexible with this arrangement as the office working may still be required during this time to fulfill specific aspects of the role.
- You may also be required to conduct home visits/ assessments off site.
- To Liaise with Housing Strategy to ensure that requests for reviews are dealt with in a timely manner, as required by section 202 of the Housing Act.
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle (desirable)
- Previous Housing Options Advisor and or Homelessness experience
- Home Working Flexibility
- Access to relevant Training / Webinars
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children and families and senior professionals
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system