Following an internal promotion, a new opportunity has become available to join one of West London’s most innovative housing providers as a housing officer. With several projects underway this is an exciting time to join the organisation.
You will join a team of housing specialists who truly dedicate themselves to providing a positive social impact and strive to deliver excellent housing management to residents and the wider community.
You will be responsible for managing a patch of around 300 households across the west London region supporting with a variety of housing issues including repairs, estate services, neighbourhood, and monetary issues.
Types of responsibilities as a housing manager will include:
- General management of housing services such as housing allocations, tenancy management, anti-social behaviour, income management and tenant welfare.
- Building positive relationships with residents ensuring that residents’ views and feedback help continuously improve the service
- To minimise rent arrears where possible working with finance to help any delay in payments of rent on to tenant accounts
- Maximise income and minimise void loss e.g. through payment options
- Successful conclusion anti-social behaviour cases by responding to and managing reports of ASB ensuring excellent communication
- Investigating reports of sub-letting.
- Identify and report vulnerable residents in order to provide housing support.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Experience of delivering high quality customer service
- Experience of solving complex problems and finding solutions
- Fantastic customer service skills – able to hold difficult conversations with diplomacy and empathy
- Ability to work flexible and respond to changing demands
- Excellent level of administration, planning and organisation
- IT literate with good verbal and written skills.
If you you meet the above criteria and think you have what it takes to become a housing officer, then please send in your application and cover letter.
If your application is successful, the next stage includes two virtual interviews via Microsoft teams.
During the global pandemic, the housing officer will be provided with a laptop and phone and flexible working from home.