Main Purpose of Job
•To deliver an excellent generic housing management service to all non-secure tenants that are managed within the clients Housing Management Department, First wave Housing Association and Adult Social Care tenants, within the team. To carry out these duties in accordance with legislation and policies.
•To ensure compliance with contract terms, service level agreements and management agreements, ensuring that you maintain high quality physical environment and a resident focussed customer friendly service.
1. Manage a patch of properties providing a visible and approachable presence on relevant schemes, through regular inspections and compliance visits.
2. To be the first point of contact for any housing related issues raised by residents and responding to complaints and or service requests as required by the service.
3. Ensure that issues raised are comprehensively case managed and other services are proactively engaged, in order to efficiently and effectively resolve issues.
4. Manage efficiently and effectively unauthorised occupants and proactively tackle cases of housing fraud
5. Working with the support provider to ensure that vulnerable customers receive a client centre service, delivered with the required sensitivity and empathy to the individual customer.
6. Manage all cases in areas of nuisance, ASB and vulnerability
7. To work with vulnerable residents to ensure their housing and repair needs are met
8. Use Northgate Version 6 to update all housing matters and the document management system to store documents
9. Produce reports or statistics as required of the role in relation to your delegated functions
10. Knowledge of the legal processes on tenancy management, including preparing and presenting cases for transfer etc.,
11. Up to date knowledge of Tenancy Management practices in relation to Adult Social Care, Homelessness, Private Rented Sector Housing, Travellers site management and Temporary Accommodation
12. Carry out 6 week settling in visits for newly signed up tenants, to ensure that any tenancy related issues are resolved at an early stage.
13. Manage low level anti-social behaviour to resolution and work with anti-social behaviour team to manage and resolve higher category cases.
14. As necessary to identify and refer cases of suspected fraud to the relevant case worker and Fraud Management Team in order to comply with statutory requirements and protect the council’s interests
15. Adhere to the lone working and Health & Safety Policy pertaining to lone working at all times.
16. Work with Financial Inclusion to team to assist with maximising tenant’s income and any affordability issues.
17. To respond efficiently and effectively to complaints/enquiries and maintain comprehensive records see issues through to successful conclusion
18. To work with the ASB team to visit and interview victims and witnesses in an objective and sensitive manner, in order to understand and gain factual information to address the matter.
19. To interview perpetrators in a balanced and objective way, taking into account the potential volatility of the situation.
20. Carry out home visits to visually inspect and advise if a transfer is required, whilst escalating disrepair queries to surveyor for home visits.
21. To arrange emergency B&B bookings as and when required.
22. Ensuring that all tenants have the out of hours contact details for their landlord and the out of hour’s team.
|Location: WEMBLEY, MIDDLESEX||Salary: 16.67 - 16.67 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Care||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3159557|
Main Purpose of Job