Permanent opportunity for an experienced Housing Officer for my client based in South East London.
Duties within the position:
- Responsible for the day to day management of estates/ properties, leases and licences
- Setting rents and dealing with payments and arrears
- Attending meetings with tenants
- To ensure tenants have all the information they need at the start of their tenancy to fully understand their rights and obligations under the tenancy agreement
- Carry out comprehensive tenancy verification checks and investigate illegal occupancy and squatting
- Allocating vacant accommodation
- Assessing the needs of applicants
- Carrying out regular inspections to make sure all properties are in a good state of repair
- Referring tenants to appropriate sources of benefits and welfare advice
This role will be well suited to an experienced candidate who is able to confidently take ownership of their workload, to ensure the highest level of communication with all stakeholders is met and tasks are completed in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of tenancy management in a social housing environment
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- A good understanding and knowledge of housing and other relevant legislation and regulatory framework within housing
- The ability to work well under pressure
If you have the required experience and are interested in this role please apply to this advert!