My client is looking for a Part Time Housing Officer to work in Exmouth on a Part Time basis. Housing Officer is required asap for an initial 6 week period to work 22.5 hours per week.
The main purpose of this role is to provide a service that will achieve key intensive housing management functions, ensure good operational performance, and ensure successful move on for tenants/licensees.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Maximise rent and service charge income by ensuring that losses through arrears and voids are minimised through effective arrears recovery and void management.
• Liaise with the Services Manager and work closely with the local authority and other partners ensuring appropriate referrals are made and that the service has a referral process and eligibility criteria in place. Manage the waiting list for accommodation and establish applicants’ priority for accommodation according to agreed criteria
• Take a proactive approach to the prevention of anti-social behaviour (ASB) including effective partnership working.
• Take effective and timely action in respect of breaches of occupancy agreements in line with company policies. Target support for residents who are failing to comply with their occupancy agreements.
• Co-ordinate and plan move on and resettlement.
• Updating Open Housing system
• Receipt and logging of keys
• Pre void inspection and liaison of void work/completion
• Assessment of housing need
• Sign up with tenant and completion of tenancy agreement and CORE form
• Action under abandonment policies
• Action under ASB policy
• Management of tenancy, including notices, attendance at court and eviction
• Monitoring of rent accounts and remedial action under arrears policy
• Carrying out regular Health and Safety Assessments
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures at all times, particularly Health and Safety legislation and be responsible for your workspace
• Any other reasonable duties required of you in your role as required
Due to the nature of this role it is essential that candidates have an Enhanced DBS check and have previous experience of working within a similar role.