REED Social Care are currently recruiting for 2 House Managers to work in a South East London borough. One will be covering SE2-Abbey wood and the second House Manager will be covering 3 locations across the borough. 35 hours a week, £28.28 an hour.
- The day to day management of a community based staffed house for people with learning disabilities
- The maintenance of high quality care which meets identifies standards
- Ensuring that individual tenants are supported and provided with opportunities and choices
- On a rota-basis with the Residential Services Manager and other House Managers
- Responsible for providing 3-monthly reports
- To sleep in as required by rota
- Responsible for overall planning and organisation of staff deployment in the house and the delegation of specific tasks
- Responsible for ensuring that staff meetings are held regularly and recorded
- To assist with recruitment of staff, to provide probationary reports and references as requested by the Residential Services Manager
- Responsible for staff training: in-house induction training and shared responsibility for the development and delivery of the training programmes
- Responsible for ensuring that tenants are supported appropriately and that the tenants 'Charter of Rights' is upheld in the house
- Responsible for ensuring that individual tenants property and money is safeguarded and monitored in line with the guidelines
- Ensuring all routine admin, financial and statistical procedures are maintained in accordance with the guidelines
- Maintaining financial systems in-house and managing the house budget, safeguarding any monies used by the house
- Liaise with other agencies to ensure the house is maintained and equipped to the standards
- Responsible for completing Health and Safety Audits in line with the departmental policies
- To attend meetings and represent the Council as requested by the Residential Services Manager
- To actively take part in developmental initiatives and departmental evaluations
- NVQ Level 5
- Experience as a House Manager that was registered with the CQC
- 2 years’ experience with people with learning disabilities
- Minimum age of 21
My client is looking for someone who has an understanding of the needs and rights of people with learning disabilities and has had experience in individual programme planning. They are looking for someone who is able to plan, organise and monitor staff teams’ workload and the duty roster and is able to prioritise and manage their own workload accordingly. The successful candidate will be able to chair meetings and be able to motivate the team, as well as ensure that policies and procedures are followed a required by law.
The right candidate will be able to communicate effectively in person or by phone with all involved and with sensitivity and tact when dealing with carers, clients and colleagues. They should be able to produce clear and concise written reports as well as maintaining financial records for resident’s monies and petty cash. The right candidate needs to be able to deal effectively with stress and be able to cope with the physical demands of the job role.
- Be able to work irregular hours as rostered
- Able to respond to emergencies which may arise
- Able to deal with conflicting demands
If you or anyone you know will be suitable for this position and wish to apply, please send me over an up to date copy of your CV.