REED Social Care are currently recruiting for 2 House Managers to work in a South East London borough. One will be covering SE2-Abbey wood and the second House Manager will be covering 3 locations across the borough. 35 hours a week, £28.28 an hour.
- The day to day management of a community based staffed house for people with learning disabilities
- The maintenance of high quality care which meets identifies standards
- Ensuring that individual tenants are supported and provided with opportunities and choices
- Participation in the direct provision of tenant care
- Responsible for ensuring that all House and council procedures and policies are implemented and followed
- Responsible for ensuring that the council's Equal Opportunities policies are adhered to
- Responsible for ensuring that all complaints are recorded and dealt with in line with the Council's procedures
- On a rota-basis with the Residential Services Manager and other House Managers, to be part of an on-call system
- Ensuring there is effective communication between staff and tenants and other agencies
- Responsible for providing 3-monthly reports
- To sleep in as required by rota
- Responsible for overall planning and organisation of staff deployment in the house and the delegation of specific tasks
- Responsible for ensuring that staff meetings are held regularly and recorded
Registered Managers Award
- 2 year's experience with this client group
- Minimum age of 21
My client is looking for someone who has an understanding of the needs and rights of people with learning disabilities and has had experience in individual programme planning. They are looking for someone who is able to plan, organise and monitor staff teams' workload and the duty roster and is able to prioritise and manage their own workload accordingly. The successful candidate will be able to chair meetings and be able to motivate the team, as well as ensure that policies and procedures are followed a required by law.
The right candidate will be able to communicate effectively in person or by phone with all involved and with sensitivity and tact when dealing with carers, clients and colleagues. They should be able to produce clear and concise written reports as well as maintaining financial records for resident's monies and petty cash. The right candidate needs to be able to deal effectively with stress and be able to cope with the physical demands of the job role.
- Be able to work irregular hours as rostered
- Able to respond to emergencies which may arise
- able to deal with conflicting demands
If you or anyone you know will be suitable for this position and wish to apply, please send me over an up to date copy of your CV.