We are currently recruiting for a Homeless Support Officer for the Islington Council to provide a homelessness casework management service for clients who the council has a statutory homelessness responsibility for.
You will be required to provide a co-ordinated end to end approach to homeless casework for vulnerable people and families.
Your main duties will be:
- To manage a case load of homeless applicants
- To provide a housing management service for residents in temporary accommodation.
- To identify and refer cases where fraud is suspected.
- To work with a wide range of external agencies
- To ensure responsibilities with regard to the safeguarding of adults at risk and children are met.
- To be responsible for carrying out visits and interviewing relevant persons in order to assist in the resettlement of statutory homeless clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of homelessness casework management
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Experience of managing rent accounts
- Experience of discharging homeless duty through making S193 offers is desirable
- Familiar with Northgate system.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and a desire to put things right, we would love to hear from you. Please apply today!