Looking for a career where you can change lives?
Reed Further Education are currently working in partnership Novus who have been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons. Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at HMP Haverigg to join the education team as a Catering Lecturer (0.6 position, Monday - Wednesday)
HMP Haverigg is a male category C and D establishment, based in Cumbria. The prison have a core focus on resettlement and re-integration, therefore they offer a lot of vocational industry training workshops onsite.
As a Trainer you will be responsible delivering high quality, learner focused vocational training. By developing lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice. Ensuring the learner records are accurate and maintained in line with the data protection.
To do this successfully you`ll need:
· Vocational qualification in delivery specialism (minimum L4)
· Level 2 qualification in English and maths
· TAQA Assessor award/A1 or equivalent
· Minimum two years’ vocational experience
· Track record of effective teaching
· Working with learners with wide-ranging abilities, including LDD needs
· Successful action planning to meet targets
· Working in a custodial environment (desirable)
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile.