Are you currently looking for a change in your career?
Have you considered working within a prison environment supporting learners?
Reed Further Education are currently recruiting for Support Workers that would be interested in working in a prison environment at HMP Birmingham, on a full time basis (37 hours, Monday-Friday).
- Student Support Worker x 2 - Permanent (£18k - £20k)
- Funding and Data Worker (admin) - temporary ongoing
HMP Birmingham is a male Category B prison based in Winson Green, Birmingham. Residents have access to a broad range of vocational training and also courses in basic skills, IT, social and life skills, business skills, creative and performing arts, barbering and more. Students have the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications on all courses.
This offers an exciting new opportunity for individuals who are looking to further their previous experience and work alongside a successful education team with the mutual focus on rehabilitation for the inmates in the establishment. Working in prisons is an incredibly rewarding challenge and the education departments are looking to welcome driven individuals to join their team.
- To hold or be willing to work towards level 2 qualifications in literacy, numeracy within an agreed timescale
- To hold or be willing to work towards a level 2 or 3 qualification for Learning Support Practitioners within an agreed timescale
- To have an understanding of how people learn and methods that can be used to enhance a learning experience
- Have a track record of working effectively with people presenting challenging behaviour.
- Experience in a prison environment
If you would be interested in this position, please submit your application and we will be in touch to discuss further.