|Location: LEWISHAM, LONDON||Salary: 19.78 - 24.66 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 5 months ago||Reference: 3052224|
My client, a London Borough Council, are urgently recruiting for a HMO Licensing Officer to enforce statutory provisions as an Authorised Officer under the Councils’ delegated authorities and, within a team, to the mandatory and additional Houses in Multiple Occupation scheme including to.
• Carry out full HHSRS inspections of properties for which HMO license applications have been made
• Prepare schedules of works required to bring properties up to licensable standard
• Carry out inspections of licensed HMO properties in response to complaints and in accordance with the compliance sample survey
• To make recommendations on the suspension, revocation and reinstatement of licenses and take enforcement action where appropriate
• Provide advice to landlords, tenants, Council Officers and other relevant groups on licensable property standards
Summary of Responsibilities and Personal Duties:
1. Carry out full inspections of properties for which HMO license applications have been made
2. under the Housing Act 2004 utilising the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) and decide on whether or not they meet licensable standard.
3. Where the properties do not meet licensable standard, if capable of being economically brought up to licensable standard, prepare and issue a schedule of works required to achieve that standard.
4. Where a licensed property is inspected and found to have breached the license conditions, issue a Notice detailing all the contraventions to be addressed with timescales.
5. Where contraventions are serious, suspend or revoke the license issuing a Notice detailing the remedial works required for reinstatement of a license.
6. Where appropriate, serve Notices or make Orders and if not complied with, prepare prosecution case files by collecting and recording evidence and witness statements and associated documents, defend appeals etc. ensuring compliance with the requirements of PACE including the role of disclosure officer, where appropriate on non-compliant HMOs.
7. Attend First Tier (Property) tribunal hearings and court hearing to present witness evidence on behalf of the Council where required.
8. Manage own caseload, and ensuring all cases proceed to a satisfactory conclusion. To carry out regular case reviews, check schedules, notices and be responsible for prosecutions, appeals or default actions. Supervise works undertaken to ensure compliance with relevant legislation. Examine and comment on plans and related documents.
9. Provide advice and assistance to landlords, tenants, council officers and other relevant groups relating to the licensing scheme in force. Respond to correspondence by letter, email and phone.
10. Play an active role in the development and review of procedures, approaches and working practices in response to changes in legislation, case law, Residential Property Tribunal decisions, working practices, other departments or organisations etc.
26000.00 - 29000.00 GBP Per Annum
INVERNESS, INVERNESS-SHIRERead more
26000 - 29000 GBP Per Annum
ELGIN, MORAYSHIRERead more
14.00 - 17.00 GBP Per Hour
ABERDEEN, ABERDEENSHIRERead more
15.00 - 19.00 GBP Per Hour
WEST LONDON, LONDONRead more
22000 - 25000 GBP Per Annum
BATTERSEA, LONDONRead more