HEO Senior Executive Secretary to Defra Group Director of Commercial
About Defra (the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs):
Our vision is to create a great place for living for people in this country. There are four impact objectives which explain our ambitious long term aims, and the positive differences we will make to the UK by 2020:
- A cleaner, healthier environment which benefits people and the economy;
- A world-leading food and farming industry;
- A thriving rural economy, contributing to national prosperity and wellbeing;
- A nation protected against natural threats and hazards, with strong response and recovery capabilities.
This role supports the Group Director of Commercial, who is also the professional head for all commercial staff across the Defra group. This is more than an administrative position. You will have the opportunity to grow this role and make it your own, with the prospect to take on additional duties and responsibilities and get involved in other areas of the business if desired.
Duties will include, but are not limited to;
- Acting as Senior Executive Assistant for the Director of Commercial, including commissioning information and advice from different parts of the Directorate and prioritising requests, liaising with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to ensure they follow up on management actions and leading on all corporate requests on behalf of the Director.
- Management of the Director of Commercial’s diary.
- Managing the Director’s inbox, prioritising and delegating work appropriately, according to relative importance and urgency.
- Hold regular planning meetings with the Director.
- Act as secretariat for SMT and other management meetings, drafting agendas, circulating papers, co-ordinating attendance and drafting minutes.
- Support the Senior Management Team in delivering against the team business plan and the wider priorities.
- Communicating effectively within the Director's group to identify links, raise awareness and promote joined up working and co-ordination.
- Supporting the Director of Commercial and other members of SMT in their communications to the division, including ensuring that there are regular and effective face-to-face meetings as well as written updates and briefings from the Director of Commercial
- Draft briefings, papers and correspondence
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working as an EA to senior executives within a high pressured and fast paced environment. You will be well known for your ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, be adept at communication and organisation along with being resilient and confident in your approach to support. A forward thinking attitude is key for this role.
Application & Selection process:
Please apply using a CV setting out your career history, demonstrating how you meet the criteria as listed above, together with reasons for any gaps within the last two years. Those who have been successful following the initial screening will be invited to a registration interview by REED where we will test your Behaviours and Strengths. Candidates who are successful at this stage will have their CVs sent directly to the hiring manager at Defra and will be informed as to whether they have been selected for a face to face interview with the Director.
Closing date: Friday 27th March 2020
Please send your CV to:
Emma Rogers firstname.lastname@example.org