|Location: REDRUTH, CORNWALL||Salary: 22000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Care||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 4 months ago||Reference: 3067032|
Reed in Partnership provides public services that change people’s lives for the better. We support the development of individuals, businesses, families and communities. Apply now and become part of the team...
As a public service provider, the mission is to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Their support is often delivered under challenging circumstances and we pride ourselves on our ability to break down barriers to change people’s lives for the better.
There will be an assessment on Friday 11th August 2017. This will take no longer than 2 hours. There will be a number of competency based questions and you will be asked to demonstrate occasions where you yourself, have coached and developed other people.
A Health and Wellbeing Adviser is responsible for supporting Members to better manage health conditions and promote wellbeing activities that support Members to move closer to employment. A Health and Wellbeing Adviser will: create Health and Wellbeing plans for Members; develop partnerships and referral pathways with local health organisations; act as an advocate for Members; work closely with Employment Advisers to identify appropriate health and wellbeing interventions for Members; and deliver short training and brief advice sessions.
The role will include:
- Work closely with Employment Advisers, and where a need has been identified, develop a Health and Wellbeing Plan with the Member which supports them to address and manage barriers to work.
- Develop links with local community health and wellbeing organisations, including local GPs, NHS Trusts and CCGs. Using these links, Health and Wellbeing Advisers will develop referral pathways for Members who require specific, specialist support and signpost Members to these organisations to help them manage conditions and promote wellbeing.
- Support Members to attend health and wellbeing sessions with community organisations by accompanying them and supporting them in any interactions they have.
- Work closely with Employment Advisers to sequence activities and interventions to best support Members to address health and wellbeing barriers and move into sustained employment.
- Training delivery involves imparting information to Learners in an interesting, engaging and empowering manner, to meet the Learners' needs and learning styles. It also involves continuous reinforcement of learning outcomes and monitoring the understanding/development of Learners through appropriate assessments, as well as providing positive reinforcement and recognition.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording and review (for completion and completeness) of all Member details and requirements through every intervention is necessary. Adherence to all administrative requirements of programme delivery is mandatory.
- Experience of working in a customer facing and/or health and wellbeing environment
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (grade A - C) or equivalent.
- Health and Wellbeing Advisers’ attributes include Achievement Orientation, Accuracy Orientation, Advice and Guidance, Challenge and Resilience, Flexibility and Adaptability, Empathy and Empowerment, Honesty and Integrity, Planning and Decision Making, and Team Orientation.
- A sound understanding of the benefits of healthy lifestyle choices being able to demonstrate that you are up to date with developments in health advice.
- You will need to have the ability to motivate others and inspire trust with strong organisational and planning skills.
- Experience of working alone and as part of a team.
- Technical skills include strong administration skills, good computer/technology skills, basic numeracy skills and good written communication/record keeping skills.
- Personal interests include interest in people and willingness to learn.
- Personal circumstances include willingness to travel locally (e.g. to meet Members/local health and wellbeing organisations).
Please apply online, including your salary expectations and notice period in your covering letter.
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
19020 - 20352 GBP Per Annum
SYDENHAM, LONDONRead more
21.18 - 21.18 GBP Per Hour
LIVERPOOL, MERSEYSIDERead more
21.36 - 21.36 GBP Per Hour
LIVERPOOL, MERSEYSIDERead more
8.50 - 9.00 GBP Per Hour
BRADFORD, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
25000.00 - 28000.00 GBP Per Annum
OLD TRAFFORD, LANCASHIRERead more