Reed HR have joined up with a manufacturing company in North Kent to assist them with their search for a Health and Safety Manager.
Reporting into the Managing Director and having two direct reports, you will be instrumental in shaping the direction of our client’s health and safety policies and procedures. You’ll do this by leading by example and embed a positive health and safety culture across the business.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Creation of Risk Assessments for planned works on a regular basis
- Conduct on-site inspections, accident reporting and investigations
- Provide information, advice and guidance to site personnel regarding Company Rules and Health and Safety Legislation
- Review internal and external risk assessments – monitor compliance and provide support where required
- Design and deliver H&S training across the board to minimise risk
- Create and implement accident/incident prevention strategies within the business.
- Ensure all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
Working within this busy environment we will require someone who can:
- Work proactively to meet deadlines
- Work on their own initiative
- Be organised and possess the dedication to ensure tasks are completed on time
Skills and experience that we are looking for in an applicant:
- Previous experience as an H&S Manager in a FMCG/Construction background
- CSCS card holder
- Current knowledge of the CDM regulations 2015
- A NEBOSH General/Construction Certificate/Diploma
- Member of IOSH (desirable)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong influencing skills
- IT Literate
- Strong attention to detail
This is a permanent and full time position - if you are interested, please apply today.