|Location: SOUTHGATE, LONDON||Salary: 45000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Business Support||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 13 days ago||Reference: 3141519|
Full time –37.5 Hrs per week
£45,000 - £50,000
About the job:
A Health & Safety (HSE) Business Partner operates as the lead H&S representative to a business management team.
Working with internal customers to deliver a pro-active health & safety service and contribute to the delivery of Directorates’ business objectives. Drives forward improvements in organisational and individual health and safety performance in accordance with the health and safety plan to improve business health and safety outcomes.
Supports the Head of Health & Safety to provide support to Directorates to ensure that the organisation complies with all relevant legislative requirements and the health & safety management system.
• Lead the delivery of Health & Safety Services business partnering according to their skill set across their assigned Directorate, being the link between the operational service and other HSE Services colleagues.
• Oversee the implementation of the health and safety management system and develop the approach, processes and systems that inform the capabilities and capacity of the relevant business unit(s).
• Support the development of the health & safety management system and direct managers to these in order to enable self-sufficiency.
• Interpret Health & Safety data and guide operational services on what this information means in relation to the performance of operational services. Guide managers on actions required for improvement.
• Follow up on accident and incident records with managers to ensure that investigations and actions are completed satisfactorily on the system. Lead where necessary in undertaking accident investigations on site to ensure compliance with the organisations policy
• Participate in the health and safety policy forum to ensure that there is consistency in health and safety policy and practice within the business units. Lead the forum in the absence of the Head of Health and Safety.
• Undertake & report on health & safety inspections and audits and the progress of follow-up actions to enable the effectiveness of implementation of the health & safety management system to be monitored and maintained and to encourage continuous improvement.
• Must be degree qualified in a relevant discipline
• Post graduate NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent NVQ required
• Chartered Member of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health or working towards. Chartered or Incorporated Membership of Project Safety or working towards or equivalent required for Construction role
• Relevant construction sector experience in new build, development, refurbishment and fit out (construction role) or experience of working in care and support/healthcare services.
• Able to explain complex legal and management information to a variety of audiences
• Experience of conducting inspections and audits and preparing reports for senior management to promote continuous improvement.
• Experience of developing policies and procedures and a management system to ensure compliance within sheltered housing, care home and supported living environments
• Experience of accident and incident investigation and leading on the means of implementing lessons learned
• Experience of presenting management information from company systems to influence changes in health & safety management in business units
Excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. Offering employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Wellbeing Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. There is an impressive Pension Scheme and 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!
300.00 - 300.00 GBP Per Day
CANARY WHARF, LONDONRead more
40000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum
CENTRAL LONDON, LONDONRead more
25000.00 - 31000.00 GBP Per Annum
LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
18,000.00-22,000.00 GBP Per annum, inc Benefits
KINGSTON UPON THAMES, SURREY, UNITED KINGDOMRead more