|Location: DARTFORD, KENT||Salary: 145 - 192 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 11 months ago||Reference: 3102063|
You will be working for an NHS organisation based in Kent. You will based at the Trust’s Headquarters but may be required from time to time to work outside your normal place of work and travel to other Trust sites.
Your new role
As a Specialist Health and Safety Advisor you will provide expert support, training and advice to the Trust and trust staff on all aspects of Health and Safety and Fire Legislation ensuring that the Trust is able to demonstrate full compliance with this legislation and to prevent incidents and protect Trust employees.
Principal services that fall within this remit: health and safety, fire safety, food safety, non-clinical risk assessments, training.
Your new responsibilities
• To lead the trust in ligature compliance, providing specialist advice to the trust on risk assessments and controls.
• To assist the Health and Safety Manager to review Health and Safety Policies and Procedures (e.g. security, fire safety, food safety, major incident etc.)
• Initiate and co-ordinate the investigation and follow-up of level 4 incidents and ensure RIDDOR reportable incidents have been reported as appropriate.
• To plan a comprehensive Health and Safety Inspection programme of all site buildings, providing reports and action plans. To ensure that comprehensive, up to date records are maintained. To coordinate detailed responses from managers and tenants and ensure that follow-up mechanism are incorporated into this system.
• To analyse incident trends from Datix, investigate incidents as appropriate and identify practical solutions for health and safety incidents and share lessons learnt with tenants as appropriate.
• Ensure site wide Health and Safety procedures and risk assessments are produced, agreed and implemented in multi-occupied sites where the trust is the landlord.
• Ensure tenants are aware of and understand site specific EPRR plans and procedures, lockdown procedures and plans, and business continuity processes to ensure effective implementation in the event of an emergency.
What you'll need to succeed
• Educated to masters level or equivalent, or significant experience in a senior Health and Safety role to masters level equivalent
• NEBOSH Diploma
• Membership (CMIOSH) of the Chartered Institute of Occupational Safety and Health.
• 5 years Health and Safety related experience gained within the NHS, or other large complex multidisciplinary and multi sited organisation or, within an enforcement role.
• Fire safety experience
• Risk management experience
What you'll get in return
You will receive the opportunity to develop your knowledge and expertise within an NHS environment and your skills for 3-4 months. This role during that time will pay you between £145.00-£192.00pd.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' with an up to date CV attached.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
30000 - 32000 GBP Per Annum
MITCHAM, SURREYRead more
35000.00 - 45000.00 GBP Per Annum
POTTERS BAR, HERTFORDSHIRERead more
38000 - 38000 GBP Per Annum
SOUTH WEST ENGLAND, ENGLANDRead more
50000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
EAST MIDLANDS, ENGLANDRead more
30.00 - 30.00 GBP Per Hour
NORTHAMPTON, NORTHAMPTONSHIRERead more