Reed Education are currently working with a fantastic autism specialist school looking for a Manager for their 6th form campus to join their dedicated team!
Interview date (w/c): Expected to take place w/c 16 December 2019 or w/c 13 January 2020
Salary (or hourly rate): £62,968 - £70,194 per annum
Contract Type: Full Time
Hours per week: 35
About the school:
Awarded Ofsted Outstanding in January 2018, we offer educational support for children and young people on the autism spectrum between the ages of 4-22. We strive to provide the most suitable support required by our students to assist them with their learning and educational needs, across our sites in both Southall and Acton. Working with children and young adults with special educational needs comes with its challenges, and our valued staff join us knowing that to have made a positive impact on a young person’s learning development is priceless.
We need you to be resilient, supportive and sensitive towards the needs of autistic people.
The 6th Form/FE Campus (16-22) Manager will:
- Have excellent leadership, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Be committed to raising standards
- Have a proven track record of positive trans-disciplinary partnership working
- Promote high quality learning, teaching and have high expectations for all children and young people
- Lead new initiatives, monitor their progress and assess impact
- Be confident in analysing data and identifying how to improve.
- Share our commitment to working in partnership with all stakeholders
- Be innovative, a strategic thinker with vision and ability to effectively plan for future development
- Have considerable knowledge of how technology can support learning
- Be able to rise to challenges and show strong leadership in difficult situations
- Inspire and support colleagues
- Be experienced in and committed to developing a curriculum model reflecting the needs of the students including Quality of Life, creative and expressive arts, pathways to the world of work
- Grow and develop with the organisation
- Have extensive experience and skills in working with children with SEN/Autism/Challenging behaviour
What the school can offer you:
- Pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Excellent induction, training and development programme including training about autism and opportunities to attend our conferences
- Online staff discount scheme for a range of benefits (cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan)
- Access to a 24-hour employee assistance programme
If you have relevant experience and are interested in this role please apply now!