An opportunity has become available for an experienced Head of Service to join Bolton Council as a Head of Waste and Fleet. This role is available immediately on an initial 3-6 month temporary contract.
What is the role?
Bolton Council are now looking to appoint a Head of Waste and Fleet to lead and develop the waste and fleet strategy in Bolton and at a Greater Manchester level.
In this role you would have responsibility to manage the operational delivery of the service as well as representing the authority at a senior level in relation to the 25 year waste PFI arrangement.
How will you do this?
- Drive continuous improvement and efficiency in service planning and delivery.
- Support the effective design and implementation of business management systems in the Waste and Fleet service area.
- Lead the delivery of the Council’s vision and strategic plan for the service and Department of Place.
- Work with all sectors of the community to achieve the successful implementation of the GM Municipal Waste Management strategy.
What experience do you need?
- Knowledge of relevant waste and transport legislation and codes of practice.
- Experience of delivering on waste and transport strategies, ideally within a public sector environment.
- Ability to analyse complex financial and tonnage data.
- Experience of managing and controlling budgets and implementing strategic objectives.
Get me signed up!
To register your interest please and for a full job description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below!