REED Procurement & Supply Chain division are working with an established and growing business in Washington on the appointment of a Head of Supply Chain to join them at a crucial stage of their significant growth plan. This role would suit an ambitious supply chain professional with a strong management background who is eager to implement change.
You will lead developments across every aspect of the supply chain and report into the Chief Operating Officer.
This role is full-time and permanent offering £50,000-60,000 DOE.
- Part of the senior management team, playing an influential role in supporting the COO
- Manage and mentor a team of 40 staff with 2 direct reports
- Oversee a growing and transformative warehouse space
- Responsible for a budget in excess of £8m
- Deliver efficiencies in the management of inventory, improvements in supply and demand planning and enhancements to forecasting future demand
- Improve warehouse processes that control the storage of 100,000 product lines
- Drive operational and IT system process improvements with the support of in-house teams
- Develop relationships with suppliers to improve delivery times, reduce prices and negotiate rebates
- Supporting purchasing team
- Positively impact operational KPI's
- Establish new e-commerce fulfilment business
- Supply Chain management background is essential
- Strong understanding of warehouse operations
- Experience of working in a high-paced and intense manufacturing/warehouse environment
- Proven track record of managing and developing teams
- Experience of working in a business that has gone through significant growth would be advantageous
- Comfortable working a 40-49 hour working week