Head of Secondary English - SEN School in Norfolk Needed!
REED Education are working with a specialist Special Educational Needs school on an exciting new position! The school caters for young people aged 6-19 who have Emotional, Social and/or moderate Learning Disabilities.
- Provides flexible day placements for students with learning disabilities
- Set in 34 acres of Norfolk Countryside!
- Well established and highly regarding provider of Special Education
- Specialist classroom and learning environments and integrated therapy rooms
- Work alongside Headteacher in all aspects of leadership and management
- Assist the Headteacher to develop the school in accordance with it's values and school development plans
- Approximately 75% of working time - classroom based demonstrating and modelling good practice and ensuring 'quality teaching first'
- Take lead responsibility for ensuring the best possible curriculum offer, provision, well-being, progress and achievement for all students.
- Full time, permanent, term time only!
- Proven track record of excellent creative and structured teaching within relevant key stages and/or special needs environment
- Leadership of a significant area or phase or inclusion, including responsibility for raising standards across the school
- Experience of holding responsibility for and turning policy into effective and successful practice
- Clear understanding of the essential qualities necessary for effective teaching and learning
- Experience of using effective behaviour and teaching strategies
- Understanding of the implementation of ASD intervention and support strategies (TEACH or similiar)