Our mission is simple… to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job – and it’s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions.
We require a Head of Regulatory Services to cover an existing workload based at Trafford for Trafford Council.
This is an interim position with the potential to be extended, dependent on workload.
- You will manage the delivery of Regulatory Services within the Place Directorate, being Public Protection (i.e. Environmental Health, Trading Standards, Pollution and Licensing, and Pest Control), Community Safety, Building Control and Parking Services.
- You will ensure that the Council’s statutory obligations are met in relation to such Regulatory Services such as to protect and meet the needs of the people who live and work within the area.
- You will lead the on-going strategic development of the specified services in line with the Council’s Vision.
The knowledge and skills required in the role:
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the Regulatory Services team to ensure that corporate targets and outcomes together with operational targets are achieved on time, on budget and to a consistently high standard in line with Council financial regulations and human resources policies.
- Formulate and implement an effective customer care and engagement plan for Regulatory Services to meet residents and business aspirations
- Ensure that the Public Protection, Building Control, and Parking Services teams work effectively together to maximise effective use of resources.
- Work closely with the Head of Planning and Development to ensure that the Building Control, Strategic Planning and Development Control teams work efficiently together to ensure effective use of resources and maximise investment in Trafford.
- Exercise powers under the Council’s Scheme of Delegations.
- Lead and co-ordinate on current and emerging policy / strategic developments in order that Trafford can maximise the benefit that can be derived from them.
- Act as tactical lead for the Council with other related agencies (e.g. HSE, Environment Agency) and working groups.
- Compile Licensing Committee and Safety at Sports Grounds Sub-Committee agendas and advise members of Committees, providing lead officer input to the proceedings.
- Advise Councillors and Committees as required.
- Lead on presentations and reports to Senior Officers and Elected Members.
- Deputise for the Director of Growth and Regulatory Services as required.
- Carry out other duties as may be required, commensurate with the responsibilities of the post.
This role offers a competitive salary of £400 Per Day PAYE and £500 Per Day Umbrella and you’ll be working via REED who offer great benefits such as discounts, cashback offers and more as well as weekly pay.
Any offers would be subject to right to work checks and police vetting.
Please apply now or email and join us in loving Mondays!