Post Title: Head of People
Location: Lancashire Constabulary Headquarters
Responsible to: Assistant Chief Officer - Resources
Job Purpose: To provide strategic direction and leadership on Human Resources for Lancashire Constabulary
Grade: LC15 (£62,282 - £69,441)
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Provide strategic direction and advice to the Chief Officer Team, Executive Leadership and wider Senior Management Teams with regards to Human Resources including; Employee Relations & Case Mgt, Health & Safety, Occupational Health & Wellbeing, HR Service Centre, Recruitment & Resourcing and the provision of Payroll & Pension services.
- To be responsible for the management of and force level planning for the Human Resource functions within Lancashire Constabulary.
- Provide leadership and direction to Human Resources. Advise the Chief Constable, Deputy Chief Constable, ACO (Resources) and PCC on all matters pertaining to these areas.
- To lead, and work closely with other senior colleagues in the design and delivery of workforce and organsational plans including resourcing and recruitment.
To lead on consultation and negotiation with recognised Trade Unions and Staff Associations via informal and formal structures such as Local Joint Council and Joint Negotiating & Consultative Committee
- To ensure delivery of an effective Pay & Pensions and HR support services for the Force that are aligned with departmental and organisational strategic goals, providing an efficient, effective and professional HR service.
- Provide challenge, advice and insight to senior leaders and stakeholders across the Constabulary on complex organisational people issues, with particular focus on diversity, inclusion, resourcing and employee relations issues.
- To represent the Constabulary externally on matters relating to Human Resources including Payroll & Pensions, Recruitment & Resourcing & Employee Relations.
- To have operational responsibility for the management of the Budget, Finances and Resources for the Human Resources function including the negotiation and procurement of contracts.
- Support the ACO Resources fulfil the organisations Health and Safety statutory obligations.
Level 5 CIPD Diploma or equivalent HR qualification
Level 7 qualification in a related field.
Chartered Member of Institute of Personnel and Development (MCIPD)
Substantial & recent senior level experience of working at a strategic level in a complex organisation delivering HR services.
Excellent understanding of public sector pay & pensions
Experience of facilitating and delivering major organisational change
Knowledge / experience of developing diversity & inclusion in the workplace
Excellent knowledge of Employee Relations legislation/ Case law/ Recruitment & Resourcing
Experience of developing people through mentoring and coaching
Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
Knowledge of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, Diversity and Data Protection legislation/issues
Demonstrates a flexible approach to working practices and hours
The ability to travel on Constabulary business, as required
Full job description available upon request