My client National Leading Wealth Management firm in the Berkshire area, is actively looking to recruit a Head of Paraplanning to support a team of parapalnners, . Exemplary Para Planning skills are essential and ability to fit into the business way of working swiftly. As well as support one of the Senior Financial Planners they will have responsibility for overseeing the paraplanning function leading the team to deliver against service level and quality arrangements.
• To lead, develop and manage the team and client support team leader under guidance from the Regional Director, to achieve the collective business and team goals and, when necessary, represent the Paraplanning team at company meetings.
• Preparation of suitability reports
• Liaising with Planner to agree the best action
• Liaising with administrators and planners on any required amendments
• Ensure recommendations meet with company standards and governance
• Product Research
• Researching the most suitable product and tax wrapper
• Using Analytics and any other available research tools
• Completing calculations CGT and bond calculations.
• Fund Analysis
• Preparing research on existing investment and pension funds using Analytics
• Comparing with appropriate funds/portfolio for the clients attitude to risk
• Preparing Product Suitability Reports
• Questioning Planner recommendations
• Discussing cases with the Regional Compliance Manager or Regional Advice Direc• Striving to ensure the team meet Service and analyse data to anticipate any potential issues with service delivery.
Address challenges identified that have been escalated to the appropriate department.
• Demonstrating willingness to lead by example to ensure the team’s collective goals are met.
• Managing team effectively through efficient and appropriate use of all resources, systems and procedures.
• Managing priorities and client/Planner demands to ensure Service Level Agreements are met across the team.
• Submitting data to allow the creation of MI to allow the voice of client to be heard and business thinking and direction to be shaped.
• Helping identify potential process improvements, allowing efficiencies to positively impact the business operation.
• Working closely with the Proposition, Change and Operations teams to design, implement and embed strategic changes.
• Working collaboratively with the Planners, Administrators and other colleagues to retain strong focus on the provision of excellent client service.
• Working with Paraplanners to maintain a positive environment which encourages idea generation from all team members
• Develop team, in a formal mentor by providing coaching with less experienced members of the team.
• Managing breaches, complaints or process errors and make improvements.
• Pro-actively managing staff situations as they arise to achieve positive outcomes.
• Organising and running Regular Paraplanner Meetings and Technical Meeting
• Seek input to development through external opportunities and bring the outside into the business.
• Take the lead on own development through live development goals and owning their development and career conversations.
• Be an active member and contributor at team meetings
• Manage self positively
• Ensure all qualification and CPD requirements outlined in the Paraplanner T&C scheme are consistently achieved.
Level 4 qualified in financial planning
Knowledge and experience in the use of IO and Voyant
Sound knowledge FE Analytics