Our client is a well- known, instantly recognisable brand in the Cambridgeshire region, a Top 100 business that has seen tremendous growth over the past year.
In reaction to their growth, they have undertaken an organisational restructure and as a result have created a role for an experienced, commercial and qualified Accountant and Manager to head up their Management Accounts team.
This is a crucial post, as the business needs a strong bridge between the business and finance.
With a reporting line straight to the Finance Director, you role will look like:
• Creating the consolidated monthly management information for key section leaders, analysing vital variances
• Partnering with other areas of the business, drawing on your expertise to advise on their budgets and forecasts to assist in identifying cost savings.
• Providing the Board with supporting data and analysis to assist with commercial decisions
• Preparing board packs and KPI reporting
• Maintain full accountability of the P&L accounts to sign off, partnering with business heads to discuss results.
• Substantiation of monthly actual results, budgets and forecasts to required deadlines.
Due to the importance and responsibility of this newly created post, we are looking for those with the following to apply:
Hold an accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with experience gained in a group or matrix organisation.
Can demonstrate a solid understanding and experience of management accounting with good knowledge of accounting and reporting systems.
On a personal level you will possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills, have the ability to work effectively with and influence management across all areas of the business, an effective business partner, be commercially aware and possess above average skills at working with Excel.