|Location: WELWYN GARDEN CITY, HERTFORDSHIRE||Salary: 50000.00 - 55000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3067311|
This is a critical role that is paramount to the business and its ability to perform for its clients.
Please read through the below job description and apply if interested.
Position: Head of IT
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Hours: 37.5 FT position (additonal flexibility required for evenings/weekend work)
The role involves the delivery of an IT strategy to support the growth of the organisation to ensure that the organisation continues to be able to provide high quality services and is kept abreast of current and future technology developments.
• Creation and management of the annual budget for hardware and software maintenance agreements in line with Finance policies and parameters
• Review of suppliers to ensure best value for money and highest fit for purpose levels of support. Manage contracts with suppliers e.g. telephony providers.
• Provide the Chief Executive and the Board of Directors with practical advice and information on IT issues and any associated risks, which flow from the consideration of strategic options.
• Responsible for managing the strategic development and implementation of IT risk management including its contingency policies and procedures.
• Explore opportunities for the introduction of new technologies such as server virtualisation, and implement accordingly.
• To support the writing of bids for new contracts and/or existing contract development by applying IT expertise and IT based solutions.
• Creation of business cases to support further IT investment which would improve resiliency and reduce single points of failure
• Ensure that all members of staff sign for their access rights in compliance with the IT Security Policy
• Review and maintain IT security and associated policies and procedures in line with best practice and current legislation
• Supervising staff and workloads with the team for maximum efficiency.
• Ensure that technical tasks are undertaken by the IT team, working with suppliers and other staff, in order to deliver the high quality, high performance services in an efficient and timely manner whilst optimising the resources available.
• Providing coaching and technical training to the IT team in different offices.
• Provide technical support to the various public and private websites
• Create and test new functionality
• Support the creation of a strategy for the organisations web presence, advising on the latest developments around website functionality and optimisation
Experience in managing IT infrastructure; software application systems
Experience in managing telephony infrastructure
Experience in managing Information Governance
Proven experience of managing a team with ability to lead, develop and motivate a team
Management of revenue and capital budgets
Experience in the management of relationships with third party suppliers
Evidence of a substantial track record in change management
This is a Head of IT position that requires a hands on approach, someone who will motivate a team of engineers yet also be comfortable reporting into Board Level.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly or email me at email@example.com
40000 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum
PRESTON, LANCASHIRERead more
60000 - 70000 GBP Per Annum
WOLVERHAMPTON, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
56665.00 - 69168.00 GBP Per Annum
WEST YORKSHIRERead more
BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
18000.00 - 18000.00 GBP Per Annum
SPALDING, LINCOLNSHIRERead more