Head of Information Security (EMEA)
International Data & Analytics firm
£70,000 - £78,600 Basic Salary + Fantastic Benefits
Fully Remote (Headquartered in Reading)
My client are one of the original innovators in Big Data. They integrate the world’s largest set of otherwise disconnected purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data to help FMCG, retail, over-the-counter (OTC) health care and media companies grow their businesses.
They combine this data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer insights and integrate them on one of the most technologically-advanced, cloud-based visualisation platforms. In a time where Data is considered more valuable than Oil, my client ensure that businesses can better leverage their Data to help them grow exponentially.
- Ensure proper protection for all IT Infrastructures across the EMEA organizations (Offices and Datacentres). Technical aspects include securing the networks, communications and the business assets (all type of equipment, servers, Desktops, etc).
- Work with the Global CISO to ensure compliance of EMEA with global corporate security policies.
- Physical aspects including non‐electronic factors such as physical site access as well as drafting policies and procedures for secure daily operations.
- The position is also responsible for performing risk assessments of IT assets, the management of security activities/initiatives and IT compliance with EMEA regulations (GDPR, Data privacy, etc).
- Drive towards compliance with ISO27001 and SOC2 standards and work to achieve certification.
- Act as the EMEA organization’s representative with respect to inquiries from customers and partners regarding IT security.
- Perform day to day management of information security functions including: access and exception review and approval, ITIL change review and approval, project tracking of EMEA security initiatives.
- Help develop security policies and procedures to provide adequate business protection without interfering with core business requirements.
- Balance security needs with the organization’s business plans, identify risk factors, and determine solutions to both.
- Monitor Threats and take preventive measures and manage any 3rd party in charge of security
- Pursue the sources of network attacks and data breaches
- Plan and test responses to security breaches, including the possibility for discussion of the event with customers, partners, or the general public.
- Oversee the selection testing, deployment, and maintenance of security hardware and software products as well as outsourced arrangements/contracts.
- Customers’ GDPR or cybersecurity documents/contracts/questionnaires reviews and coordination with internal organization, customers’ teams and external legal consultants
- Lead on client IT Security Audits
Desirable Skills & Experience
- 5‐7 years’ experience with security management experience from a technical point of view
- Concrete experience with GDPR law implementation and governance, ideally since its introduction
- At least 5 years’ experience with ISO 27001 practices (or certification)
- SOC2 audit (or equivalent) experience
If you believe you satisfy a large proportion of the job description, please apply. If I feel you are what my client are looking for, I will endeavour to get back to you within 48 hours.