A vital position has become available with Trafford Council for an experienced Head of HR to lead the Council’s Shared Service centre. This role is available immediately on an initial 6-month temporary contract.
What is the role?
Trafford Council are now looking to appoint a Head of HR Shared Service to deliver an exceptional customer focussed HR, Payroll and Pensions service on behalf of Trafford Council and Greater Manchester Police.
The Greater Manchester Shared Service, established in 2017, is a partnership between Trafford Council and Greater Manchester Police. Based at Trafford Town Hall the service’s aim is to provide first class, professional HR, Payroll and Pensions functions to around 20,000 employees and customers across both organisations.
How will you do this?
- Provide strategic leadership and direction, maintaining the shared service as a leading public sector provider delivering exceptional HR, Payroll and Pensions services.
- Ensure HR Shared Service Partnership Governance arrangements are delivered to agreed performance and commercial standards.
- Develop and streamline operations and transaction management processes. Optimise use of resources to lower transaction costs, reduce cycle times and improve performance.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with client partner HR teams and customers to deliver seamless ‘end to end’ customer service.
What background do you need?
- Experience acting as a strategic leader for HR services with a focus on payroll and pensions provision.
- Be an excellent communicator with an ability to articulate a clear vision whilst managing strategically in a corporate and commercial context.
- Able to showcase a track record of successes in leading and managing a range of service functions with multiple customer groups.
- Have a passion for continuous improvement to ensure the building of a reputation for best practice and a platform for future growth.
How do you find out more?
To register your interest, and to receive a full job description, please apply below.