REED Human Resources are currently partnering with a highly established school based in West Buckinghamshire.
Responsible for 150 staff set in beautiful grounds, you will be responsible for the successful running of the HR Department reporting directly in to the Head Mistress.
Your objective: To lead the provision of HR within the school an provide strategic advice and guidance to leadership team on all aspects of Human Resources.
This role is offering:
- Great holiday entitement
- Free Parking
- Generous pension scheme
- Flexible working
Health, wellbeing and benefits
• To develop and lead the provision and administration of benefits for all staff, working closely with the Senior Leadership Team. wellbeing.
Contracts, policies and systems
• To oversee the issue of employment contracts to all staff ensuring that templates are up to date and legally compliant.
• To collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team to develop new and update existing employment policies and procedures in keeping with the school's strategic objectives.
• To remain up to date on all new legislation and implement as appropriate to ensure compliance.
• To maintain records of staff induction training, liaising with line managers to ensure completion of statutory/mandatory training.
• To upkeep the central safer recruitment register and oversee other uses of the Single Central Register.
• To review and monitor the induction processes for new employees.
• To monitor mid and end of probation reviews for new employees.
• To lead arrangements for recruitment working alongside the Human Resources Manager to support the Senior Leadership Team, Heads of Department and Head’s PA on all matters relating to recruitment.
• To develop initiatives to promote an inclusive and engaged workforce.
• To work with and support the HR Manager on cases as required including disciplinary, grievance and capability.
Learning and development
• To review, implement, and support provision of line manager training across all sections of the school.
• In conjunction with the Human Resources Manager and the Senior Leadership Team to review and improve the school’s online training facility.
Professional Development Reviews (PDR) and School IP (Appraisal System)
• To oversee and promote engagement with performance appraisal systems.
• To identify and report on performance trends and training needs to the SLT.
The successful candidate for this role will have experience of working within a school in a HR Capacity and possess a CIPD Level 5 qualification minimum.
To find out more information, please get in touch with Charlotte Chandler at REED Human Resources in Reading.