|Location: HALSTEAD, ESSEX||Salary: 30000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Business Support||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 8 months ago||Reference: 3127073|
The Head of Grounds Maintenance and Compliance is responsible for providing effective, efficient and compliant management of the grounds and facilities so as to provide pupils, staff and visitors with facilities and services of the highest standards possible within the budgetary constraints.
• Accountable and responsible for the preparation and supervision of routine and preventative maintenance schedules, keeping accurate records of works carried out by in-house team and contractors, ensuring that all work and records adhere to regulatory requirements.
• Project management of any improvements or developments, including obtaining planning consent and building regulations approval.
• Maintain a working and up to date knowledge of the principles and practice in relation to:
• Electrical and gas installations
• Central heating and hot water supply
• Protection of personnel and buildings from fire
• Domestic sanitation, sanitary fittings and water treatment plat/sewerage disposal
• Energy management and conservation
• The care and maintenance of grounds, grounds facilities and gardens. Ensuring that they look their best at all times
• Formulate, monitor and implement the School’s Policy to comply with the Independent School Inspectorate (ISI) legislation.
• Maintenance and monitoring of the Schools sewage plant.
• Ensure that all furniture, fixtures and fittings in the facilities on the grounds are maintained in a good condition and arrange repair, when necessary in the most cost-effective manner.
• Arrange marking out of school sports pitches and athletics tracks as required by the school PE department and fixture lists.
• Accountable and responsible for the line management of the Grounds Maintenance and Compliance team, ensuring that they are fully conversant and compliant with regulatory requirements, have full training to enable them to complete the task required of them and fully understand their areas of responsibility.
• Oversee and be responsible for letting of facilities, ie sports hall, cricket field.
• Plan and manage the external lets of the School’s facilities during the Easter and summer holidays. This includes the preparation of contracts, the provision of services and staff and the day to day management during the period of the let.
• Manage the residential lettings of the School properties to staff and third parties.
• Manage the timely replacement of the leased minibuses.
• Ensure that all school vehicles are services, MOT’d and licensed and that the in-school safety checks and cleaning are conducted weekly.
• Will sit on the general purposes committee.
• Oversee and be responsible for the cleaning staff/ground staff/drivers.
• Draw up and implement the School’s policy to comply with the requirements of Health and Safety legislation with the assistance of the School’s Health and Safety Adviser.
• Lead negotiations with contractors to scope, plan and get the best price for any improvement or maintenance requirements.
• In consultation with the Principal, prepare papers for termly Governors’ Risk and General Purpose committee meetings. Attend all Risk meetings and prepare agenda items at other meetings as may be required from time to time.
• Act as a key holder from time to time for the site and as an emergency contact for the alarm monitoring companies.
• The tasks listed above are not exhaustive. The post holder will also carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by the School’s Business Manager or the Principal.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKLLS
The ideal candidate will have:
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organisational and man-management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
• A technical or professional background in a relevant field with experience of managing facilities and premises.
• Experience of managing budgets.
• A sensible approach to procurement and contract management which results in good value for the School and good working relationships with suppliers and contractors.
• Strong administrative and ICT skills.
• Prepared to be ‘on call’ to deal with emergency situations.
• Proactive approach to innovation and change management.
Salary: £30,000 per annum
• Hours: 38 hours per week, generally 8.30am to 4.30pm. However, these hours may vary to enable proper and efficient performance of their duties.
• Additional remunerations available: £5,000 per annum. In addition to the duties outlined there is also the opportunity to undertake additional duties outside of the expected working day for which this additional remuneration is available. These duties include:
• School Driver: collection/delivery of pupils using the school vehicles to and from the school each day.
• Overtime, as required and agreed.
• Holidays: 22 days per year rising to 27 after 5 years’ serves plus bank holidays
Other benefits include:
• Remission of fees for son or daughter attending the school, in line with current policy of the Governing Council, subject to the usual standards and procedures for admission
• Free school meals whilst on duty
The post holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Child Protection Policy Statement at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of the children in the School s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Safeguarding Designated Lead. Our clients School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed
If you have the relevant experience.
Please call Emma White on 01206840100 or Email: Emma.email@example.com
22000 - 25000 GBP Per Annum
LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
55000 - 70000 GBP Per Annum
WEST LONDON, LONDONRead more
55000 - 70000 GBP Per Annum
WEST LONDON, LONDONRead more
29000.00 - 31000.00 GBP Per Annum
CHELMSFORD, ESSEXRead more
45000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
WEST END, LONDONRead more