Reed Finance has been engaged by a FTSE 250 client in the heart of London to find them their next Head of Financial and Technical Reporting. This role will work within a Group Finance function which is responsible for all aspects of management reporting, financial planning & analysis and external group reporting.
This role is a key leadership role for the Group and will take on responsibility for the consolidation and reporting of the Group’s results across all cycles.
The right person will be a Chartered Accountant (ACA) either from a Big Four or Top 6 practices and have strong experience working with UK Listed Multi-National PLC businesses and have SAP BPC exposure.
International Travel will also be required for this role.
- Own processes for accounting and consolidation of the Group’s results covering all cycles which include: Statutory, monthly management accounting, quarterly forecast, annual budgets and long-range strategic plans
- Primary lead on technical projects and regulatory reporting compliance
- Overseeing and ensuring accurate monthly management reporting financials including directly supporting, technical areas such as cashflow and impact of transactions
- Management and ownership of Group’s statutory reporting (half year & full year) in compliance with IFRS & UKLA requirements
- Liaise with group external auditors, investors and company secretarial
- Support development of integrated reporting framework bringing together financial reporting and financial planning & analysis to provide single comprehensive financial data set for key stakeholders and group decision making
- Support process and accounting for analysis activities through all monthly, budgets and forecasts cycles
- Ownership of transition divisions onto IFRS16 accounting including supporting the wider business and providing technical support on accounting standards
- Key liaison and responsibility for Group Finance Central entities transition onto the new ERP and input into the overall ERP project
- Management, maintenance and development of Group’s consolidation reporting system SAP BPC, playing a key role in ongoing back office project to link new ERP to SAP BPC
- Oversight of central accounting for head office plc and group holding companies
- Development of Group Finance Manual providing technical guidance and training in according with IFRS
- Management of team including Financial Reporting Manager; ensuring goal setting, delivery of objectives and feedback
- Engagement with stakeholders on behalf of Group Finance team.
Experience & Skills needed for this role:
- ACA qualified and trained at ‘Big Four’ or Top 6 practice
- Minimum of 6 years PQE experience both in practice and industry
- Track record of managing complex international UK listed financial reporting environments
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and relevant technical accounting matters in a UK listed multi-national PLC and ability to provide technical IFRS accounting advice
- Proven experience analysing and consolidating all aspects of management reporting at a Group level
- Management of accounting for large scale and complex acquisitions and divestments in a UK listed environment
- SAP BPC experience or at least very strong understanding of consolidation systems
- High level written and verbal communication, problem solving and continuous improvement skills
- Excellent leadership focus and ability to support and work collaboratively
- Strong excel skills including modelling