Head of Finance (£45,000 per annum) – Central Belfast
Reed Finance are proud to be working in close partnership with one of Northern Ireland’s flagship and globally renowned businesses who are seeking to appoint a commercially experienced Head of Finance on a permanent and full time basis.
Based in central Belfast with a variety of transport links, this employer has enjoyed steady organic growth over the last 7+ years and has developed in to a true global success story!
The Head of Finance will be responsible for the day to day management of the overall finance department they will oversee all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting.
The Head of Finance will work across the organisation providing strategic and financial leadership to deliver on the organisations vision, supporting all development activity as well as managing the relationship with financial stakeholders. This role, which reports directly into the Director of Finance and will join the Senior Executive Team who collectively are responsible for supporting the delivery of the strategic plan for the organisation, managing daily operations and for driving and monitoring performance across all departments and sections.
- Responsible for budgeting, planning and forecasting, strategic financial planning and analysis, financial accounting, management and business metrics reporting, treasury and all general accounting functions;
- Production of monthly financial management information packs to agreed timeframes;
- Monthly meetings with departmental managers to discuss financial performance;
- Offering professional judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance;
- Providing information to aid key strategic decision making and formulating business strategies;
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions as well as interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers;
- Develop and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Implementing corporate governance procedures and risk management policies to ensure that the company financial policies are administrated/ monitored and reviewed;
- Oversee external audit process and act as the key liaison with the external auditors;
- Manage, motivate and mentor junior and middle finance department staff;
- Compliance with Health & Safety Policies and Procedures;
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with all GDPR / Data Protection related policies and procedures
- A full job description is available upon request
At least 5 years post qualified experience in a financial controller position, ideally gained within a fast paced commercial environment, preferably the retail, hospitality or tourism sector. - You will have experience of managing a successful team and will be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and excellent business acumen.
Strong financial systems experience is essential, with technical accounting expertise and a clear demonstrable competence in the design and use of spreadsheet and advanced Microsoft office skills. A high level of interpersonal and negotiating skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
For more information regarding this opportunity please call Laurence Jago as soon as possible on 90330604, apply via the link or alternatively contact me confidentially on LinkedIn.