|Location: SKELMERSDALE, LANCASHIRE||Salary: 41916 - 41916 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits|
|Sector: Finance||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 4 months ago||Reference: 3062240|
You will work very closely with the Director of Curriculum & Director of Quality to support them with delivering an efficient curriculum. You will also be expected to present information to them on a monthly basis and tell the story behind the numbers to non-Finance people. In addition, you will be expected to become a completely trusted resource in the team. You will have responsibility for a Finance Officer, Finance Assistant & Apprentice Assistant.
Duties will include:
- Providing leadership of the college finances to enable effective planning, budgeting & monitoring, ensuring accurate & timely financial information to key stakeholders
- Ensuring that all applicable funding is claimed
- Taking responsibility for a local budget of £11m
- Providing line management support for the Finance department in order to meet the organisation's strategic & operational objectives
- Ensuring the work produced by the team is completed to a high quality & meets the requirements of internal and external auditors
Experience / Qualifications required:
- It would be useful if you have previous work experience as a Business Analyst as you would be able to test the Curriculum Lead and steer them in areas of the business that they can make more money out
- College / University experience would be helpful but not essential. If you have previously managed in an Academy structure, this will be favourable.
- Must be super-organised and be on top of everything on a monthly basis. You should be a very proactive individual who can produce ideas & solutions without prompting.
- Fully Qualified Accountant
- Good standard of Education
- Management Qualification would be preferable, such as ILM Level 3 or CMI
- Experience of managing a Finance team / department
- Extensive understanding of double entry book keeping
- Experience of preparing monthly management reports
- Excellent skills in analysing, interpreting and using complex data
- Good self-management & organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to build a successful team
- Experience of coordinating budget & reforecast programme would be advantageous
This role will pay a salary of £41,916 + 35 days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Local Government Pension scheme + Free Parking + Retail discounts. You will have the ability to take your holidays in term time. Hours of work are 37 hours per week, 8:45am - 5pm, with an early finish on Friday at 4:30pm. Flexible working & TOIL is on offer.
This organisation operate a very open & honest culture and really live by their company values. They are based on a modern campus which has a real community spirit. It is a really fun place to work, everyone works well as part of a team and many of the staff have been there in excess of 20 years! There are also extensive opportunities for further self-development.
My Client is looking for interviews to take place on Wednesday 23rd August and will look to appoint soon after this time. If you're interested, please send me your CV by 5:30pm on Tuesday 8th August.
70000 - 90000 GBP Per Annum
WIMBORNE, DORSETRead more
175.00 - 210.00 GBP Per Day
KETTERING, NORTHAMPTONSHIRERead more
45000 - 51000 GBP Per Annum
HAILSHAM, EAST SUSSEXRead more
300.00 - 400.00 GBP Per Hour
PONTYCYMER, MID GLAMORGANRead more
90000.00 - 120000.00 GBP Per Annum
BASINGSTOKE, HAMPSHIRERead more