REED Marketing & Creative are pleased to be working with a prestigious client based in Cheltenham on a fantastic role for a Head of Events. The role will be responsible for defining and delivering an innovative and inspiring programme of exhibitions, conferences, and activities that deliver a great customer experience to realise these goals, which support the delivery of significant commercial revenue. This position would suit someone with a high degree of commercial acumen and substantial exhibitions experience.
The successful candidate will be leading a team of 16 and will focus on developing and delivering the organisations' events strategy, working in collaboration with customers, suppliers, and colleagues to enable investment in infrastructure, skills, and a programme of activities.
• Plan and deliver an annual programme of 50+ innovative exhibitions and conferences that provide high levels of customer satisfaction and increasing revenue and profitability year-on-year.
• Provide inspiring leadership of the Events Team, to enable team members to develop and fulfil their potential, and to demonstrate to the business the value and impact of events.
• Take overall responsibility for all facets of events delivery, ensuring there are well-articulated and understood operating procedures for events management, including pre-event production, logistics, on-site management, and post-event breakdown.
• Work closely with the Media Sales Team, and the Head of PR, Content, and Marketing to develop sponsorship and other opportunities, drive brand awareness, and monitor sales performance.
• Develop and build regular tracking and reporting to monitor customer satisfaction trend/market identification, and cost effectiveness of individual events, as well as the events programme, to inform the long term strategy.
• Manage the events budget to track financial performance, understand cost drivers, and realise efficiencies and continuous improvement in value for money. Accountable for event profitability.
• Stay abreast of innovations in exhibitions and events to continuously bring forward new innovations and new events to improve the customer experience and grow income generation opportunities.
• Responsible for delivering events, and generating revenue of circa £4m per annum, and managing a budget of circa £2.9m per annum.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, outgoing, and results-driven Head of Events, who is excited by the challenge of pushing forwards the organisations' exhibitions and conference programme. Extensive events management experience in a senior or leadership role, including management of end-to-end delivery of exhibitions at medium-sized and large-scale venues is essential for this role. You must also be a strong people leader, with a proven track record in motivating and developing teams to deliver a high level of performance and have demonstrable experience of successful contract and price negotiation, and the management of external suppliers, venues, and contractors.
Interested? Contact Jo Aldred at REED Marketing & Creative on 01793 508490 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply apply online