Head of Energy Services
£45K - £50K + car allowance
Based in Edinburgh
Reed Construction are currently working with a Renewable Energy company based in Edinburgh who are looking to recruit a new Head of Energy Services. This position will be fundamental to the growth within the Energy Services division of the company and is sure to offer an exciting challenge to the successful candidate.
Working within an environment that is both professional and enjoyable, the successful candidate will be maintain a high workload and collaborate closely with colleagues.
Duties involved in the role include:
- Shaping and implementing the business plan aimed towards growing the Energy Services division
- Working closely with the Senior Management team
- Acting as an effective people manager within the team including KPI Management, recruitment, and appraisals
- Working to develop the supply chain of consultants, material suppliers, and consultants
- Meeting on site with prospective clients
- Managing low carbon energy projects from inception through to completion - this will include dealing with project documentation, communicating risks and progress, and agreeing a budget
- Undertaking site surveys to determine the best possible solution to the clients' needs
- Negotiating contracts and preparing proposals
- Maintaining excellent client relationships
- Ensuring all project work complies with Health and Safety legislation
This is just a small insight into the variety of responsibilities associated with this role. More information will be provided to candidates matching the person spec.
What we're looking for:
- Experience managing the design and installation of roof and ground mounted commercial scale solar PV projects - ideally for industrial, commercial AND public sector clients in the UK
- Excellent business development skills and experience
- A track record of success with the Renewable Energy sector
- Credible account management skills and experience
- Previous experience managing a team
- Academic Qualifications in relevant Energy / Engineering discipline (HNC / HND / Degree / Postgraduate)
- Practical experience Engineering and Design software packages for the design of Solar PV projects
- Good working knowledge of MS Office packages
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional association
- Training in solar PV, energy storage, EV charge point, etc; 18th Edition; CDM awareness; Health and safety qualifications; and Project management qualifications.
- Experience in the design and installation of commercial scale heat pump and/or EV technologies in the UK.