We’re looking for a Head of Care & Education and Responsible Individual to join a well-established provider who are a therapeutic specialist provider of Children’s Homes and Education to children and young people whose needs range from ASC, EBD, LD through to Challenging Behaviour and other complex needs. They have homes and schools in both Suffolk and Norfolk and are looking for someone to join them as soon as possible.
What you will need:
Essential - Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare
Desirable – A good knowledge and experience or working in one (or both) of the Care & Education sector (ideally at an Operational level)
About the company:
They welcome both residential and day placements and pride themselves on their ability to 'reach' the child and build mutually trusting relationships, which enables young people to find new ways to express themselves and be heard in the nurturing homes in Suffolk & Norfolk.
They also provide a good quality education in bespoke environments for day pupils who live more locally around the Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex areas, and those that need 38 week placements.
About the Role:
To ensure that the care and education of the pupils in the residential homes is of the highest standard
To manage the care and education staff team and develop their careers
To lead in the management of both the care and education provided & is within legislative & wider group policy requirements
To work with the Senior Leadership Team as appropriate to manage and improve the quality of the residential provision
To be the organisations Responsible Individual
Who we are looking for?
We want to hear from people with drive, a willingness to go the extra mile and who are comfortable holding other professionals to account to improve the lives of the young people in their care. Strong organisational skills, team working and a sense of humour are also vital.
- To be able to develop and maintain appropriate and effective relationships with their pupils.
- Ability to communicate professionally with pupils, staff and outside agencies in both verbal and written form.
- High standard of report writing skills.
- To be able to maintain confidentiality.
- To be able to supervise and manage a range of care and education staff.
- To be able to lead, motivate and build teams.
- Ability to promote and develop the professional skill base of the team members.
- To be able to communicate with staff on how to implement school policy and legislative guidelines.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required and to be flexible in approach and attitude.
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to work very closely with the M.D. and act as their assistant
- No two days are ever the same
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
The organisation are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Please be advised that references will be sought at the point of shortlisting.
A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.