An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Security Industry Authority. It is an opportunity for a candidate with a track record of implementing, delivering and maintaining excellent quality standards. This is remote working role and suitable equipment will be provided, however, long term some travel will be required and occasional visits to the Canary Wharf office may be required.
- To lead the Business Standards Team, including the environment and culture, behaviours and performance, and processes and systems, to ensure delivery of agreed targets and standards.
- To develop and implement a strategic approach to the recognition of business standards across the private security industry.
- Ensure proposed strategies fit with strategies for individual standards and other, organisational initiatives
- To ensure all schemes for businesses clearly identify where they deliver on the SIA’s statutory obligations and corporate objectives.
- To ensure all schemes provide the industry with opportunities to raise standards
- To be accountable for ensuring robust quality arrangements are in place for products used for regulatory purposes
- To engage businesses, consumers and other stakeholders to ensure a robust and respected set of business standards are in place which meet their needs and promote increased community and public safety.
- To lead on engagement with the industry and stakeholders to promote awareness and adoption of best practice in the industry.
- To establish and maintain positive active partnerships and working relationships with relevant organisations in support of developing and maintaining scheme standards and assessment (UKAS / BSI / Assessing Bodies).
- To be accountable for ensuring standards of assessment are fit for purpose and not burdensome for businesses
- Manage a department to achieve objectives and fulfil the business plan
- Provide assurances of the effectiveness of assessments and quality assure all aspects of the scheme’s operation.
- To ensure that schemes of approval are attractive to businesses and that they are committed / engaged with schemes which help to raise and maintain standards of service delivery which support public safety.
- Be directly responsible for managing a delegated budget of circa £2m.
Relevant Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of developing a vision and strategy to effect improvement in standards of service delivery and customer satisfaction within a complex and diverse operating environment.
- In depth understanding of how, by utilising quality standards, businesses can improve their performance, increase value for their customers and positively affect their bottom line.
- Experience of working with subject matter experts and partners to develop and maintain certifiable standards or approval schemes.
- Experience within a similar environment
- Knowledge of the private security industry
Closing date: 15/01/2021