The Head of Supplier Accounts role exists to provide management and direction to the Supplier Accounts team, to ensure that the processes carried out are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
The role encompasses development of Supplier Accounts processes and systems in line with the company's strategic developments to achieve a best in class Supplier Accounts function. Reporting responsibilities include assessing monthly performance of the Supplier Accounts team against expectation, and providing requested management information to customers.
• Ensure the integrity of the financial systems in area of control as well as the information produced
• Ensure that invoices, payments and (where appropriate) collections are processed in line with company policies and other relevant requirements
• Work with the business to support the approval of invoices, to ensure that they are available to be paid in a timely manner
• Provide first line support to end users of AP related systems
• Coach other business managers to ensure AP systems and processes are understood and adhered to, with appropriate documentation available
• Ensure appropriate, cost effective controls and segregation of duties are implemented within AP
• Ensure the AP team are appropriately recruited, led, motivated, supervised and trained
• Ensure the AP aims and objectives are aligned with the overall company strategic objectives
Experience supervising a large team
Part ACCA/CIMA qualified or qualified by experience
Excellent organisation skills and people management experience
Knowledge of ERP systems would be desirable but not essential
6- 9 Month Contract - However could be longer.